Home / Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions will apply to your stay in any property listed on this website. By making a booking and paying a deposit, you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions:
1. GENERAL RULES
a) Guests' Responsibility
- It is your responsibility to have read and understood the Terms and Conditions before making a booking and paying a deposit.
- We reserve the right to change all or part of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to keep yourself updated on any changes to these Terms and Conditions. If you object to a change of the Terms and Conditions after paying your deposit, it is your responsibility to advise us immediately at the contact details provided on this Website, and we both agree to negotiate reasonably to produce an outcome acceptable to both parties.
- You must monitor the observance of the Terms and Conditions by your family, guests and invitees. A breach of these Terms and Conditions by your family, invitees or guests will be considered a breach by you.
- A breach of these Terms and Conditions may result in, but is not limited to, you being evicted from the Premises, losing your Bond (if any) and/ or other monies paid (or owed) by you.
- Your credit card details will only be used to pay for amounts relating to your booking where directed by you. This information will never be supplied to a third party by us and will not be used for any other purpose.
- By paying the deposit you agree to enter into an agreement to rent the Premises in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Premises are damaged due to an accidental, negligent or wilful act by you or by your family, guests or invitees, the Premises will be repaired by the Agent at your cost.
- Use of the Premises for any event or purpose other than as residential Premises will result in the immediate termination of the rental of the Premises, removal of the occupants from the Premises and other costs or expenses (including a function/extra cleaning fee of $2,000) being charged to your credit card. If insufficient funds are available in your credit card, the debt will be passed onto a debt collecting company or the courts for collection of the debt plus recovery costs.
b) Guests must:-
- Maintain noise at a reasonable level and, in particular, between 10pm and 8am.
- Comply with parking regulations and show consideration to neighbours' and other people's vehicles.
- Dispose of garbage and recycling in accordance with the usual practice at the property and in the allocated bins. You must not leave excess rubbish in common or public areas.
- Notify the Agent of any complaints as soon as is practicable.
- Minimise your impact upon the residential amenities of the neighbours and local community.
- Be responsible for your visitors.
- Respect the residential amenities of the property and neighbours.
- Maintain the security of the Premises.
- Abide by any noise abatement order issued by police or any regulatory authority.
- Refrain from engaging in any drunken, obscene or antisocial behaviour.
c) Information about Premises
- While we make every effort to ensure that this information is current and kept up to date, this information may change without notice. The description of the Premises is made in good faith and no responsibility for incorrect description will be accepted by us. All photographs on this Website were taken on site and are provided as a guide only.
- Photographs on the this Website are an accurate representation of the described property at the time the photograph was taken, and are subject to change and fair wear and tear. We do not accept responsibility for personal perceptions or for any errors or omissions contained on the Website.
- All properties listed on this Website are privately owned and are rented on a fully self-contained basis. In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions, there is no obligation upon us, the property owner or the appointed Agent to compensate you or discount the rental. We accept no responsibility for any inconvenience caused by machinery breakdown.
2. BOOKING CONDITIONS
a) Tariffs and Fees (Subject to change without notice)
- Tariffs and prices listed on this Website are a nightly rate based upon a minimum stay of three (3) nights and are a guide only. Tariffs and prices/quotations are subject to change without notice and will not be guaranteed until a deposit has been processed and you have received a formal confirmation of your booking via email, SMS or letter.
- Surcharges will apply to one and two night stays.
- Where the rental is for more than 4 persons in a 2 bedroom property, 6 persons in a 3 bedroom property or 8 persons in a 4 bedroom property, rollaway beds will be provided at an additional fee of $55.00 per person per booking.
- An additional non refundable booking fee of $22.00 will apply to all bookings.
- Where a barbeque (BBQ) is provided at the Premises an additional cleaning fee of $55.00 will apply.
- If a credit card transaction is declined for any reason, a $22.00 re processing fee may be imposed at our sole discretion.
b) Payment and Deposits(s)
- We accept payment either by credit card (Visa or MasterCard only – no debit cards) or via Electronic Funds Transfer. Please contact us if you would like to pay by Electronic Funds Transfer.
- A 25% deposit of the Total Booking Fee is required to secure your booking and must be paid at the time of making your booking.
- The balance of the Total Booking Fee must be paid at least one (1) month prior to your arrival date. We will endeavour to send you a courtesy reminder five (5) weeks before your arrival date, but the responsibility to make the payment rests with you.
- For bookings made within one (1) month prior to your arrival date, full payment of the Total Booking Fee is required at the time of booking.
- No matter what the circumstances, the Total Booking Fee must be paid by you no later than four (4) weeks before your arrival date.
3. REFUNDS AND TERMINATING YOUR BOOKING
a) Termination by guest
- If you cancel your booking for any reason, the following cancellation fees apply.
- If cancelled 1 month or less before arrival, 100% of the Total Booking Fee will be forfeited.
- If cancelled within 2 to 3 months before arrival, 25% of the Total Booking Fee will be forfeited.
- If cancelled more than 3 months before arrival, $220.00 will be forfeited.
- If the Total Booking Fee has not been paid one month before your arrival date we may terminate the booking without notice to you and seek to re-let the Premises. If your booking is terminated under this clause, you will automatically forfeit all monies paid by you.
- No refund will be given for early departure.
- Refunds cannot be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather or illness. We recommend that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to protect you in this regard.
- Bookings may be transferred to a future date, at a cost of $220.00, provided that the request to transfer by the guest: (a) Is made at least 1 month before arrival, (b) Is for the same property, (c) Is for a duration of at least 5 nights and (d) Is for a period not later than four months after the original arrival date and the applicable tariff for that season is correctly applied.
b) Termination by Agent
- If the Premises becomes unavailable for occupancy before or during your stay for any reason (i.e. damage to the Premises, carrying out emergency repairs, sale of the Premises by the owner, the termination of the Agent's appointment to act as Agent for the Premises or any other eventuality), the appointed Agent will endeavour to find suitable alternative arrangements for your stay. If satisfactory alternative arrangements cannot be made, the appointed Agent will refund monies paid for the whole or part of the booking not fulfilled.
- We cannot be held responsible should a property be listed for sale, sold or the Agent's appointment to act is terminated and your booking is cancelled.
4. CONDITIONS OF OCCUPANCY
a) Check-in and Check-Out
- Check in time is from 2.00 pm onwards. The appointed Agent does not maintain an office at the Premises. The appointed Agent will be in contact with you to advise check in arrangements approx 4 to 6 days prior to your arrival. All queries in regards to check in arrangements should be directed to Andrew Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0409 446 614
- ou must check out before 10.00 am on your check out day. Extra charges will apply if you are late in checking out.
b) Use of Premises
- To maintain the Premises in a good condition for all guests, the following conditions must be complied with:
- The Premises must be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. Failure to leave the Premises in a satisfactory condition will result in you incurring extra charges. You authorise us to charge you for the additional costs incurred to clean the Premises on your departure.
- Only the number of people shown on the confirmation email may stay at the Premises overnight. The number of your guests at any time should not exceed the number stated on the confirmation email notice unless subsequently agreed in writing or email.
- You must not use the Premises for any unlawful purpose.
- You must not smoke on the Premises.
- Animals or pets are strictly prohibited on the Premises unless prior arrangements are confirmed in writing.
- Parties and other functions are strictly prohibited on the Premises. The Total Booking Fee charged is for private domestic holiday use only. Accordingly, this rate does not allow for the extra costs associated with functions such as cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs, etc. Failure to comply with this condition may be considered a serious breach of this agreement resulting in your eviction and the loss of your bond (if any) and/or other monies paid (or owed) by you.
- Disturbance to neighbours, including excessive noise, is strictly prohibited. Please note you are in a residential area and regard must be paid to the quiet enjoyment of neighbouring properties.
- You must comply with all reasonable directions provided by the appointed Agent.
- The appointed Agent reserves the right to enter the Premises at any time for any reason to ensure compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
c) Breach of Conditions of Occupancy
- A failure to comply with any of the above Conditions may be considered a serious breach of this agreement resulting in your eviction and the loss of your bond (if any) and/ or monies paid (or owed) by you.
- For your safety, if there is one or more balconies on the Premises please ensure that you, your family, guests and invitees observe the following rules:
- A maximum of six (6) people are allowed on a balcony at any one time;
- Do not climb, sit on, push or use strong force against the railings;
- Avoid any behaviour which may cause damage to the Premises, the balcony or its safety features;
- Avoid any behaviour that may cause a person to injure another person, themselves or cause someone or something to fall from the balcony;
- Do not go out on the balcony if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Ensure that all windows and balcony doors are locked before you leave the Premises.
- If children or persons of concern will be visiting or staying at the Premises, you must ensure that they are supervised at all times when using the balcony.
- At all other times, we highly recommend that you lock the door/s providing access to the balconies using the security lock which has been installed at a height of at least 1500mm.
e) Pool Area
- You, your family, guests and invitees must not use glass or glass products in the pool area.
- Please ensure that children and persons of concern are supervised at all times in the pool area and when using the pool.
- You must only park their car in the designated areas and clear of driveways.
- You will be informed of your designated parking area by us at or before the time of check in. Do not park on grass areas. We cannot be held responsible for any fines imposed for non observance of these rules.
g) Loss, damage or injury
- You will be held responsible for any damage, breakages, theft or loss of any property (including keys) on or in the Premises during your stay, and you will be responsible for all related costs for the repair or replacement of the affected property. You authorise us to deduct these costs from your bond (if any), monies paid (or owed) by you and, if required, charge your credit card accordingly.
- Neither we nor the owner of the Premises or the appointed Agent accept any responsibility for the loss or theft of your personal property or any bodily injury on or at the Premises.
h) Parties and other entertainment events
- We have a zero tolerance policy regarding parties being held in the Premises. A party being defined as:
- Any situation where the maximum number of guests allowed per Premises is exceeded;
- Any situation where the noise level from the Premises is deemed too high, thereby disturbing other guests and/or residents;
- Any situation whereby excessive traffic to and from the Premises is identified;
- Any situation where it is deemed that intoxication is occurring;
- Any situation where it is identified that excessive alcohol is present.
- If any Premises is identified as having a party, we reserve the right to immediately request all occupants of the Premises to vacate the Premises and terminate the rental. In such a situation, the Total Booking Fee will be forfeited. In addition, any expense resulting from additional cleaning, replacement of any furniture/fixture/breakage (including lost keys) as well as any repairs will be deducted from your bond (if any), monies paid (or owed) by you and, if required, charged to your credit card accordingly.
- We do not allow excessive levels of alcohol to be brought into the Premises. Excessive amounts of alcohol being defined as:
- Cases/slabs/cartons of beer, pre mixed drinks etc.;
- Multiple bottles/cases of spirits/wine.
- If a registered guest, or any persons associated with that guest, is identified as bringing excessive amounts of alcohol to the Premises, that person will be requested to either relinquish the alcohol to the Agent (or appointed security provider) to be stored in safekeeping for their retrieval on departure, or alternatively for the alcohol to be permanently removed from the Premises. Should a person be deemed in breach of this policy and refuse to abide by such requests, then that person will be asked to leave the Premises.
j) Additional actions that may result in eviction
- The appointed Agent reserves the right to immediately evict any guest, visitor or member of the public for the following (but not limited to) reasons:-
- Intoxication and/or unsavoury/lewd behaviour;
- Throwing objects off any balcony or Premises;
- Spitting or vomiting over the balconies;
- Wilful damage to the Premises or to surrounding property;
- Physical or verbal abuse/assault of staff, other guests, residents, members of the public on or around the Premises;
- Any behaviour deemed to represent a potential safety threat to others;
- Any breach of these Terms and Conditions including alcohol or party policy;
- Any incident for which the police are required to attend.
k) Smoke Alarms
- Apartment accommodation is equipped with back to base smoke alarms. If you, your family, guests or invitees accidentally set off the smoke alarms the fire brigade will attend the Premises. If the fire brigade attends a false alarm and this results in a fine being imposed by the fire department, such fine will be paid by you.
5. SPECIFIC RULES RELATING TO YOUR STAY AT AN APARTMENT
- If you are staying in an Apartment, you, your family, guests and invitees must comply with the by-laws, house rules and any reasonable directions provided by members of the body corporate's committee or building manager for the scheme.
- The rules provided above under the heading of 'Conditions of Occupancy' and the definition of the 'Premises' extend to the common property of the scheme.
- The properties listed on this Website are independently operated and managed. They are neither managed by nor associated with the resident (on-site) building or resort manager ('Building Manager'). The Building Manager has no responsibility for the Premises, and is not responsible for your booking or stay, including issues relating to check in, check out, cleaning, maintenance and parking. For any such issues, please contact us.
6. EXTRA FEES AND CHARGES WHICH MAY APPLY TO YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR OCCUPANCY
- In addition to the tariffs and fees listed above and paid in full before you enter the Premises, additional fees and charges may be levied as outlined below:-
- The Agent reserves the right to charge you a bond at the time of making your booking or a credit card authorisation ("Pre-authorised") at time of check in. The bond or pre-authorised amount may be used to cover incidental items such as (but not limited to) consumables, breakages, extra cleaning charges or damage incurred during your stay. The bond will be refunded to you once an inspection of the Premises is carried out after you check out, less the cost of any incidental items, fees and charges. Current bond and pre-authorised amounts are $500.00 for Apartments and $1,000.00 for Houses. These amounts are subject to change. You will be notified if this is required;
- The pre-authorised amount is set aside by the credit card company for a period of up to 10 days. The pre-authorisation will affect your available funds balance or spending limit. For more information on this practice we suggest that the cardholder contacts the card issuer. Once a pre-authorisation has been made, the Agent cannot release, remove or lower the authorised amount until the final account is processed on departure;
- When you provide your credit card details, you provide your consent to deduct from your credit card any additional fees or charges stipulated in this agreement;
- Where credit card details are not available, a cash deposit equal to the tariff for one (1) nights' accommodation may be required;
- If a security guard is called out by any person following a noise complaint during your stay at the Premises, a $165 call out fee will be payable by you. A second complaint will cause eviction with no refund of monies paid by you;
- Fees will apply if more guests then the number stipulated on the confirmation email of your booking stay at the Premises without the Agent's prior written consent;
- You must pay all associated costs for the repair or replacement of damaged, lost or stolen property on or at the Premises;
- The Agent reserves the right to charge you a special cleaning fee to cover the reasonable cost of additional cleaning of the Premises that is required as a result of your occupancy.
- The owner of each of the Premises has appointed an Agent to manage the property on their behalf and receive the rental money into a statutory trust bank account. The law in Queensland requires real estate agents to bank monies received from all real estate transactions into a trust account that is subject to regular audits. This ensures that your deposit and rental money is protected.
- This is done independently from SunMore Holidays, who provide marketing and promotional services in respect of the Premises.
- The properties listed on this website are managed by their respective owners or by an Agent. SunMore Holidays is not involved in the management of the listed properties and the listing is based purely on information supplied by the property owner or the Agent. While we make every effort to ensure that this information is current and kept up to date, this information may change at any time without notice and we accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions.
- 'Apartment' means any lot in a community titles scheme for the purposes of the Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997 in which you have agreed to stay through this Website.
- 'House' means any dwelling that is not an Apartment that you have agreed to stay at through this Website.
- 'Premises' means the property listed on this Website where you have agreed to stay and includes a house or apartment.
- 'Total Booking Fee' means the total rate or amount payable for the full period of your stay, including the basic tariff plus (when applicable) fees for the supply of rollaway beds, BBQ cleaning, and administration (Credit Card processing fees, etc).
- 'Agent' means a fully licensed real estate agent in Queensland who is accredited by the REIQ (Real Estate Institute of Queensland) and appointed by the owners of the Premises to manage the Premises on their behalf and receive the rental money into a statutory trust bank account.
- All dollar amounts on this Website are expressed in Australian dollars (AUD$).
- Website means the information portal at www.sunmore.com.au.
Standard Quote Terms
Unless otherwise stated, the following terms apply to every quote released by SunMore Holidays:
Booking Your Property
- Prices and availability are subject to change without notice and will not be guaranteed until a deposit has been processed and you have received a formal confirmation of your booking via email, SMS or letter.
- A 25% deposit is required to be paid by credit card in order to secure your booking (sorry, debit cards are not acceptable). The balance is payable 30 days before arrival. You will receive a reminder about 5 weeks before arrival. A confirmation email of your booking will be sent to you with all the details. Full payment is required for bookings made within 30 days of arrival date.
- If more than 4 people are staying in a 2 bedroom property, more than 6 people in a 3 bedroom property or more than 8 people in a 4 bedroom property, fold-up beds will be provided at $55 per person/per booking.
- A non-refundable booking fee of $22.00 will apply to all bookings.
- All amounts are in Australian dollars.
Check-in &check-out times
- Check-in time is 2.00 pm and check-out time is 10.00 am.
- Early check-in and late check-out are subject to availability on your day of arrival/departure and may attract additional charges.
- If you are arriving early, you can call Housekeeping (Australia 0409 446 614 / International +61 409 446 614)a day or two before your arrival in order to work out if you can access the apartment earlier on your arrival day. You can usually arrange to leave your luggage in the apartment until it is ready for you, and ask Housekeeping to call you on your mobile when the apartment is ready.
- If late check-out is required, please call Housekeeping the day before your departure in order to ascertain availability and additional charge.
- We do not maintain an office at the property. However, we offer an express check-in service.
- If requested by you in writing, a set of apartment Keys, car park fob and check in instructions will be sent by Express Post to your home address (Australian residents only - no additional cost).
- Keys can also be collected on the day of arrival (between 1:45pm and 9:00pm - Check-in from 2:00pm) from GCHR offices in central Surfers Paradise. (Shop 4, Monte Carlo Building, Cnr Orchid & Elkorn Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217)
- If you require us to meet you at the property with the keys, please contact us prior to arrival day. A $66 meet and greet fee will apply.
- When you arrive you will find another set of keys and car park fob in the property.
- Please leave both sets in the property when you leave and ensure that the property is secure.
Terms & Conditions
By paying a deposit to secure your booking you confirm that you have read and agreed with the above mentioned standard Terms and Conditions including cancellation policy. Please ensure that you read and understand these Terms and Conditions before you make your booking.
Whilst all care is taken to ensure accuracy of the particulars and information contained in emails sent or forwarded by SunMore ("SunMore Email"), no warranty can be given and SunMore Email recipients and all other parties must rely on their own enquiries.
The information contained in SunMore Email and any attached files are strictly private and confidential. SunMore Email should be read by the intended addressee only. If the recipient of SunMore Email is not the intended addressee, please advise SunMore by telephoning 1300 664 396 and promptly delete the email and any attachments permanently.
The intended recipient of the SunMore Email may only use, reproduce, disclose or distribute the information contained in the email and any attached files with the permission of SunMore. If you are not the intended addressee, you are strictly prohibited from using, reproducing, disclosing or distributing the information contained in the SunMore Email and any attached files.
Any SunMore Email and attached files should be scanned by the recipient to detect any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and/or malicious codes. By reading any SunMore Email and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking all necessary protective and remedial action about viruses and other defects. SunMore accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage (whether caused by negligence or otherwise) arising in any way from a SunMore Email or its attachments.
We provide no warranty of the accuracy or reliability of any advice or information contained in this website and, to the extent permitted by law, no responsibility is accepted by Sunmore Pty Ltd trading as SunMore Holidays ("SunMore") or by any officer, agent or employee of SunMore for any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of any representation, act, error or omission, whether express or implied (including responsibility to any person by reason of negligence). This website is intended to provide general information only and does not take into account any particular person's objectives, financial situation or needs. SunMore disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including responsibility to any person by reason of negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs any person might incur as a result of information on this website or any linked website being inaccurate or incomplete or otherwise unreliable.
Despite our best efforts, SunMore makes no warranties that the contents and information on this website is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination. It is your responsibility to scan any communication or downloads from this website or any linked website for computer viruses and other defects.
Financial or Investment Advice
Sunmore Pty Ltd trading as SunMore Holidays does not hold an Australian Financial Services License. The information contained in this website does not purport to constitute a financial or investment advice. This website is designed to be for general information purposes only and it is not a substitute for professional accounting or legal advice.You should not act on the basis of any matter contained in this website without first obtaining specific advice that takes into account your individual personal and financial circumstances.
SunMore Holidays is not involved in the management of the listed properties and the listing is based purely on information supplied by the property owner or the appointed real estate agent. While we make every effort to ensure that this information is current and kept up to date, this information may change at any time without notice and we accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions.
The apartments listed on this website are managed by GCHR, a well-established independent licensed real estate agent duly appointed by the respective owners. GCHR is not affiliated or associated with the on-site management of the respective resort or hotel. All guest enquiries must be referred to the GCHR office located offsite in central Surfers Paradise (see http://goo.gl/L8L94C
) and not to the onsite management.
The apartments listed on this website are fully self-contained apartments with appliances such as a fridge, freezer, microwave, electric stove top, washing machine, dryer and dishwasher. Other services such as FREE WIFI, FREE Foxtel and FREE parking are also provided by GCHR. However, as an offsite letting agent, GCHR does not provide daily housekeeping, room service, valet parking, concierge or porter service, mini bar or 24-hour reception. Guests will not receive such services from the onsite management.
Check-in or check-out is ONLY available at the GCHR office. Guests cannot check-in or check-out at the building’s on-site reception. GCHR has exclusive management access to a limited number of properties at each building.
Our guests get to enjoy the same resort facilities provided by the body corporate as do the guests of the hotel and residences who booked their stay through the Onsite manager.
For more information please see http://www.gchr.com.au/terms-conditions/
or call GCHR’s office on (07) 5539 8553.